Translate

Monday 12 June 2017

Sunday morning sketching - Pylon's in the landscape

Every time I take my dog for a swim along the banks of the River Yare in Trowse which is a small village on the edge of Norwich, this scene captures my eye.  I have been meaning to sketch it for sometime now and if left too long the pylons will be gone. 4.5km of overhead power lines and fifteen pylons are to be removed from the Norwich skyline by Autumn. These pylons have been here for decades.  The geometric patterns of the pylon structures  contrast well with the organic landscape and become part of it. I found great spot to set up under shady tree. It was quite a blustery day which added to the atmosphere.

Media used: water based markers, derwent inktense water soluble pencils, graphite pencil and derwent spritzer bottle.







No comments:

Post a Comment