Translate

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Hand Drawn Stop Motion Animation


The stop motion animation is hand drawn using carbon paper. Additional marks are created using markers and pencil to bring the figure to life. I experimented with different ways of drawing the frames from the video footage but found it difficult keeping the proportions of the figure consistent and working expressively. I decided to trace every 6th frame from clips of the footage on my i Mac monitor using a peg bar attached to the screen to keep the frames in line. I made a light tracing of the figures position and the using carbon paper transferred the image onto one picture plain erasing each frame with white emulsion to capture the traces of the figure. I think the emulsion was too thick as it didn't expose as much of the previous frames as I hoped for. 
Original artefact layered with 20 frames
Carbon paper palimpsest


          


No comments:

Post a Comment